Friday, November 16, 2007

Tears and a Smile


Caily with flowers for her twin cousins and their newly acquired angel wings.

So many times this week I have told God that I don't understand why Matt and Heather's precious little ones left so quickly, good thing it is not for me to understand. This is probably the time that I have felt the distance between BC and Texas the most. I am not so good with words at the best of times, much less now when it seems like the worst of times. It is hard to put a hug into words. I have often held Caily close with tears in my eyes and a prayer in my heart for my sister and her husband. Why have we had the privilege to hold her for these 20 weeks, when they do not get to have even one day? I debated with posting pictures this week and decided to because her smile has caused me to smile in the midst of tears and I hope that it will do the same for my family oh so far away. A couple of times when I have been holding her and tears have come to my eyes, her small little lip has gone out as well, as though she understands. Our prayers are with you and we love you.







8 comments:

Donnie and Trudy Miles said...

Oh Jody, how dear and sweet are your words and straight from your heart. Tears are in my eyes again even now as I read your post. I was imagining the pain this week that you felt in being so far away from your loved ones. It brought back to my mind the same pangs of grief as we sorrowed over the loss of two miscarriages and my family was in France at the time. These two miscarriages "happened" the year before the Lord created Darin. "Joy does come in the morning", and in the meantime, we have our Heavenly Shepherd to comfort our sad hearts. We love you!

Beck's Bulletin said...

Thank you so much Jods...for posting the pictures, for crying along with us, and for sharing your precious Caily girl with us. She does bring smiles to my face...with tears running down as well.

Lovella ♥ said...

Your baby girl is so precious, I love the pictures.
I'm so so sorry for your sister and for you too.
I'll be praying for your family.

Karyn Clemens said...

That was beautiful, Jody. I'm praying here in Calgary.

~K~

Nathan and Melissa said...

Our prayers are with you and your family!

Kimberley said...

thinking and praying for you and your family. words cannot express how sorry i am to hear the news. Jods, your words were very eloquent for your sister and brought tears to my eyes.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you Jody. I'm sorry to hear about that. But I'm sure that God has a bigger plan for you and your family.
You have such a lovely daughter. She is very cute..

sethswifeforlife said...

sorry to hear about your sister's loss, Jody. I am sure it is hard not to be right there with them.
May the Lord's grace be granted to her, you and your family.
blessings~
your precious angel is ADORABLE. LOVE her chunky legs and lovely~ smile.